Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey Trot, Thanksgiving, Toddlers, Tid-bits

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted. There has been a lot going on so hopefully this isn't too long or boring.

First, the kids had their "Macy's Day" parade at school. Andy and I attended with a severe hangover. All was fine until one class came marching by as soldier boys with instruments clanging. Ugh! Mason was a pilgrim and Miller was an Elf. (I am too lazy to crop pics)



Next thing you know, it's Turkey Trot time! We met at Jess and Jerry's for a quick donut and then it was off to the race. Everyone did a great job. Lots of personal records being beat. For me, I not only met my goal of running the race but also my goal to finish around the 30 minute mark. My watch said I ran it in 29:07 minutes which was amazing! I had figured that since the first mile was terrible with dodging people I would be way behind my normal pace but the racers helped me kick it into high gear for a good finish. Whoot woo! Now...what is my next goal?

We hosted Thanksgiving. Lots of people. I think the food turned out great and believe it or not but we got everyone seated (all 20 people) at the same time (including the 8 kids). It was nice to have everyone bring their specialties; it made the chore of cooking much easier to bear. Unfortunately, the camera didn't come out until everyone was gone and we (Ryan, Andy and I) got hammered.

This leads to the Toddlers comment. Mason is teething in full force. He was up at 5am every day of the break and brutally cranky throughout the day. This is normally not a fun thing to deal with. Now add in the adults being stupid and staying up too late and living on 4 hours of sleep. Argh!

Friday we had a babysitter and hit the Hard Rock for a nice dinner and time away from kids.

Saturday included a trip to the fair (meh!). I did get a ride on the Tilt-a-Whirl with Miller. He loved it. He also went on the big boy swings by himself. They looked fun but at the price of tickets, no thanks. I can wait for another trip to Busch Gardens for more rides.



Afterwards we hit up the Polich's for a few hours of kiddy chaos. Then it was homeward bound for a nice crab dinner. Miller loves his crab!

Sunday we took our annual trip down to the beach and had dinner at Hooters. It was a great break from work but man, Monday (and the rest of the week) has been brutal for catching up.


2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You can really see the brotherly similarity in those first two pics! Must be the hats -- highlights their common features.

29:07 is an awesome time for the 5K! No wonder, you really trained so consistently.

Too bad the toofers are hurtin' Mason and hurtin' you guys as well! Kids have a 6th sense for always selecting mornings you are least eager to attend to them to wake early and be snotballs -- you should've made Andy "pay his rent" by being on A.M. kid duty!

Do you load Mason up with Motrin or anything prior to bed? I know it wouldn't last all night, but maybe, just maybe, it'd extend that early morning wake up call.

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Cute pics of the boys in their costumes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home