Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Couch to 5K Spokesperson?

I think I should receive a cut as a Couch to 5k spokesperson. Not only have I actually proven the program works, but I think I have influenced a couple people to give it a shot. I have supposedly motivated a friend and now my doctor!

I am not sure this is a compliment or a "Holy cow, if she (overweight, out of shape Erin) can do it, I know I certainly can!" I know that both people I have talked to couldn't believe how well it worked and how easy it was to fit into an already busy schedule.

I haven't lost much weight (only a couple pounds) but I have seen a shift in my shape/tone and I feel a lot better-which was the main goal. In addition, I have been through a rather stressful few months of work that normally would have resulted in me losing my mind but it seems to have helped manage that overwhelmed feeling.

I have to admit, I am bored and right now, my main goal is reducing the time it takes me to run the 5K distance. I would also like to up my mileage to 4 or 5 miles and call it a day. The problem I am running into is that will require more of my time and honestly, 3 days a week of running is about all I can handle and actually stick to. Upping the days means more chances for excuses and reasons to not do it.

If anyone knows of any good programs for changing your diet or adding in some extra fun exercises, let me know. I would like to keep slowly improving my health but I am not ready to give up fattening food and drinking.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You have definitely been committed! Congrats on the progress! You'll end up rocking that turkey trot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home