Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Perplexed

We had our new front door installed last week. The permit process wasn't too terrible because the contractor handled most of the leg work. The contractor did a nice job and now I sit and wait for the inspection/approval by the city.

This is where I am totally perplexed. I have an appointment with the city inspector for today. Yep, today. No window of time (like a 4 hour window wasn't vague enough with every other vendor in South Florida). I skipped my run today because I didn't want to chance being away or in the shower when they showed up. (yes, I could have gotten up at the crack of dawn to get it in before the kids got up but I wasn't feeling it.)

How hard is it when it's a city inspection (you have a known territory) to make a general estimate on when you could be here? I am sure there is more to this process than I understand but it irks the crap out of me to know that I am basically on call for them.

I hope this annoyance doesn't turn into bad karma and they don't approve us. Maybe I should have saved this comment for after the inspection.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I always think of that Seinfeld quote when Kramer is giving the cable guy the run-around and the cable guy finally concedes with: "Dammit, if doctors can do it, so should we!"

"All day" as a timeframe is ridiculous.

 
At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Kevin said...

You continue to amaze me...you've lived in that ass-backwards state for over 10 years now and you STILL can't figure out that there is zero, ziltch, nada for common sense, yet you still complain about it :-)You will never get any what-so-ever customer service...so deal with it

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I did jinx us. They never showed and I was on a work call until after 6. Now I get to bitch at people tomorrow and can't be available until next week to wait on their ass.

Kevin, I have become pretty hardened to shitty service so now it's the absurd that I complain about (beyond normal crap expectations).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home