Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Voting

Don't worry, this is not a political post. In fact, I hate politics.

I watched a few debates, read a few articles but honestly, I was not prepared to vote. I had little insight into most of the local candidates and amendments, well, they are written by lawyers. What more can I say?

I know "every vote counts" but the cynic in me knows that it is going to take much more than my vote to really make a change in our government. I just wish the money spent on the campaigns and the effort of the people calling me in brute force was put into better use. It makes me sick to think of the money being wasted on flyers and tv ads.

I can say with confidence that I am glad I voted. I was able to enjoy a nice morning outside. The ladies in line next to me were pleasant. I even met some neighbors that live on our street on my way out. Everyone appeared to come out with a smile on their face that they voted and the wait in line was worth it. It's an experience many take for granted. I just hope that the promised "change" comes sooner than later. And I am looking forward to the next 3 years of campaign free tv time.

3 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger Jess said...

The billions spent on campaigns is ridiculous. The money could certainly be put to better use, and most campiagn ads just annoy voters; I doubt they're truly that effective in swaying many.

I had done all my research about the ammendments ahead of time, so I had all my votes prepared. It took me 5 minutes to fill everything out. But, they are NOT written in understandable English, that's for sure.

In FL, a key swing state, your vote most certainly DOES count!

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Glad you voted! I feel the same way about those amendments. They should be written in 6th grade English or whatever the standard for newspaper articles is!

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Kevin said...

Here in Wisconsin the ballot was...President/VP, Senate and local reps. That's it. 4 things. No amendments, no mill levys, nothing else. Odd, literally took 1minute to vote and they spent billions on it :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home