Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall is in the Air

I love Fall!

Many may assume that Spring should be my favorite season after a long, cold winter in MN but I actually enjoy fall much more. To me, it's beautiful when the leaves change colors and there is a hint of crisp, cool air. I remember going hunting with my dad in the woods. I remember playing in the leaves (even the evil raking chore wasn't so terrible if you got to hop in a pile of leaves). It was also time for back to school and new clothes. Not to mention, a new start to the ice skating season.

In Florida, Fall is hard to find. The leaves don't change and it seems like we went from beachy, 4th of July decorations to Christmas. Very little attention is paid to Thanksgiving. Days like today are the closest we get. It's a sunny day, 60 degrees, with a slight breeze. If I were to play hooky, it would be on a day like today.

I have the urge to do yard work and some cleaning. I feel like it's my last chance to purge the house before the holiday season kicks into full swing. I may have to take my lunch hour outside today.


2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It is lovely out today! Hope it lasts a spell.

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Fall is my favorite too...right up until all the leaves fall off the trees. Until then there are pumpkins, hot chocolate, crisp air, and beautiful changing leaves to enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home