Sunday, November 04, 2012

Weekly Recap

This last week was a whirlwind. Sunday we attended a Halloween brunch (everyone else blogged and FB'd pics so I am covered there). The kids had fun and so did Ryan and I.

Wednesday the boys had a fall parade and Halloween party at school. This is the first time I have attended one of these and I must say, it was pretty well organized and the kids had fun. Their school is shaped like a U so they paraded around the courtyard where all parents had plenty of photo ops to catch their kids. Mason did 2 laps (poor teachers) and Miller did 3 or 4.  I stopped in Mason's room after for their party but it was just snacks and well, as you can see, not a whole lot was happening. Miller on the other hand had games and treats. Here is him winding up to hit the pumpkin pinata.





After dinner, Jess, Jerry, Norah, and Caleb came over to trick or treat in our neighborhood. It was fun. We took the kids across to Matt and Bridgette's. Adults received ice cold beers and the kids got candy. We headed back down their street and back up ours. The kids had fun and all got to stay up way past their bedtime.

Friday, our new front door was installed. Looks good. It gets inspected Wednesday and then we can finish filling in the screw holes and painting it.

Saturday, we got a couple new trees for out back. Ryan worked like a slave to get the holes dug (pure coral/rock). They look great. Let's hope they take and survive. Then we headed to a local church carnival for some rides. We were going to eat there but the food was limited and no where to sit. I put the cabosh on it and picked a local restaurant instead. The kids ate well and were pretty well behaved (what more can you ask for?). Miller even ate caesar salad (he never eats salad).




Sunday, Ryan and Mason did some yard work and Miller and I cleaned the house. Yep, Miller swept his room and mopped his room, Mason's, the bathroom, and the hallway. He did a pretty good job and wanted to do more but the rest needed much more Mom muscle to get clean. Annie got a bath and laundry got done. Whew!

Lastly, I ran this week and enjoyed the cool temps. I had a personal best with a 31:31 5K distance on Friday. I am pretty pleased with how I have stuck with running and how my time has improved. I know I won't win any races but it's good to keep pushing myself.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Miller can come clean our house if he wants the extra practice ;)

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Rylee's more of a duster/dish washer although she does enjoy sweeping once in a while. Cute pics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home