Monday, March 01, 2010

What a LONG Day!

I was up and working at 2:45am today. This was the second attempt to launch a new student email provider. It went with off with only one hitch that was resolved by 8:30am. Then I started my normal work day (the plan was to work until noon, take a nap, exercise, shower, and get some actual training/special project work done). Like all well laid plans, it failed miserably.

By 9am I was full blown trouble shooting mode and trying to delegate work for a much larger issue at hand. I even had one of my new team members working with a former team member to cross train. I gave some good directions (or at least I thought so). Needless to say, I didn't hand hold them enough and my plans for a nap were foiled by their inability to think. It's now 3pm. I have showered but no makeup or hair fixing today. I am dressed and about to hop on a call that I am in no mental capacity to be on. I am going to try to squeeze in a walk before the boys get home.

I have been ready for a drink since about 8am. Too bad I am too tired to actually have one. I think I will be in bed 20 minutes after Miller if not before him tonight.

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That is a long day!

I do think, however, that it's funny that you were even planning to do your hair and make up when you're working from home today. I would never make those attempts to beautify if I weren't leaving the house.

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sadly, this is oddly remniscent of another recent post of yours isn't it? Sorry you had a rough day.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Hope you got a good nights sleep.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home