Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Found It!

For the past month, there has been that disturbing odor in the house that we couldn't pinpoint. It moved from when you opened the fridge door to just lingering in the house. I had cleaned out the fridge, did major work in the pantry, cupboards, garbage can, etc. Fast forward a month or so...I went in the cheese drawer and started moving some bags of shredded cheese. I quickly found the source. A rogue bag of bean sprouts had turned to liquid and oozed all over everything in the drawer.

If you are paying attention, I said I cleaned out the fridge already. Well, you see the cheese drawer should only have cheese and tortillas in it. Not bean sprouts. I obviously didn't dig down through that drawer to remove the culprit.

This evening I tossed a full bag of outdated items from the fridge and gave it a good wipe down. I do need to go through the condiments again but I think I got most of the outdated items. I am so disgusted. I like a clean, organized fridge but if you have peeked in mine, you wouldn't believe it. At least I found the culprit and hopefully the house will go back to smelling better. Ick!

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I think everyone knows that experience. In college, Michelle and I once had a bag of oranges go so bad in our fridge that we paid one of our guy friends to remove it from the fridge because it so disgusted us!

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Funny! Kinda like my Mom's rogue cilantro that she thought was a dead lizard it smelled so bad!

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I recently found a rogue bag of bean sprouts/yellow liquid in my drawer...what is with bean sprouts going rogue anyway...it's enough to put me off sprouts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home