Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cookie Monster

I picked Miller up from the boy's "Happy Hour" at Nilsen's tonight. He talked a blue streak the whole way home. The first 5 minutes were all about his request for Cookie Monster music. No, not sweet Sesame Street Cookie Monster but death metal. The scratchy "singing" is what Ryan told Miller was "Cookie Monster."

This made me wonder about the "cute" things that are going to bite us in the future. For instance, last week we told him he had a runny nose and it needed to be wiped. He grabbed his t-shirt and pulled it up to wipe his nose (Ryan taught him this). Then a little later he spilled milk at the table and I said we needed to wipe it up. He again grabbed his shirt and wiped it (another Ryan specialty). We taught him to burp and I know that was a mistake but it's so funny. At least we haven't taught him to really call a ball a nut and a nut a ball (Emily started that one). I wonder what our parents taught us that they wished they hadn't?

6 Comments:

At 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. You can imagine what glorious habits V has picked up. I must confess . . . Pausing to stick out her bum for "tooting" might be attributed to her mother not her father. I blame my father. SQKR

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I wondered how long it would be before Valerie picked up the SQKR lift and toot action. Nice. I blame my tooting on my father also.

 
At 7:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will come back to haunt you and Ryan. Just remember where the blame lies when it does. It won't be Miller's fault.
Also remember it may not be tolerated at Grandma's house.
Coyote Grandma

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Jess said...

The Cookie Monster music is cute. Wiping his nose on his shirt, not so much ;)

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Ah yes, there a few things I have to start changing (or in this case stop doing) around Rylee too. She is big into copycating right now!

But it is adorable at this age! ;:)

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

That cracked me up! Too funny.
Hey I here that you are looking for a house? I don't know if you have a realator yet but if not I know a good one. My friend Pilar. She has know Venessa all her life and we hang out a lot. She has been in the bis for years 20 or so. She is really dedicated, works all the time and is honest as the day is long. It is hard down here not to get screwed on both ends as most realtors are just plain crooks!
If you want her card or number just call me.
Either way enjoy the search!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home