Monday, February 08, 2010

Out of Practice

Tonight I decided to hit my training courses hard. I quickly learned that my interruption driven work habits have now taken over my ability to focus, digest, and take quizzes. I think I am becoming stupid. My first 15 minute session quickly brought attention to my inability to ace the questions. The second session I actually "focused" on and aced. Ah...back to my old self.

I completed 4 sessions tonight (none of which were the required courses I need to take). I thought they were the tutorials that taught me how to use the LMS (learning management system) but they didn't quite cover what I thought they would. Tomorrow I hope to tackle a real course that counts. Uff! Now I know why people don't like going back to school. It's frustrating to retrain your mind to learn.

As mind numbing as this sounds, I am excited to focus on things that can make me better. My job has sucked more than all combined to date (since the re-org). I can't take much more. Time to abuse the system and gleam as much free training as possible.

First, the required management classes, then the additional project managment electives, and my whitebelt for Six Sigma. Then onto more classes, greenbelt, and hopefully a ScrumMaster for Agile development. Yeah, that's nerd speak for PM's and Operations. Nothing I want to do but since I am being forced to do it, I may as well rack up the certifications.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I don't think I understood half the language of this post, but I will assume it's all work-related jargon. Good luck with the training and I hope it pays off!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

Question: do you need to ace them?

I've found to be far more at ease (and I do better on quizzes) when I realize I don't have to be perfect to pass.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home