Tuesday, February 09, 2010

How To Get Help

Normal methods of trying to receive help at work have not worked. Here's the recent events that finally got the attention of upper management. Not a fine moment on my part but hopefully the lipservice delivered today is real.

Bullet style:
  • Back to back meetings all day long for too many days, weeks, months, years(?)
  • 200+ emails in inbox every day
  • Critical communication/action to take by EOD (announced at noon after a very awkward meeting-not a good first impression on my part)
  • Proper steps planned
  • Proper steps ignored due to multitasking
  • Poor communication (known minute the send button was clicked)
  • Uproar
  • Apology email
  • Boss coaching on it "not being that bad" while I choked back tears.
  • "Tomorrow we identify what responsibilities Erin can shed to turn 'unhappy' into 'sorta happy' to 'happy'"
We will see what tomorrow brings but not a fine moment on my part. I am my worst critic but at least people are noticing if things don't change, I am a risk (whether a business risk or a flight risk, you decide).

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Goodness, sounds like a tough day!

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

or a FIGHT risk! Kapow!

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I like the fight risk idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home