Thursday, February 05, 2009

Work Marathon

I did it. I finished my work marathon. Well, not officially because I still have to work and travel tomorrow but I have been up for 36 hours and worked all night and all day today. We successfully got the three big projects out the door. Time to focus on all the other things I have been neglecting. That includes my new employee. She started Tuesday and I have barely had a chance to work with her.

I am beyond tired. My body quickly reverted to knowing how to function without sleep from my not too distant newborn baby days. This is not a personal marathon I would chose to do again any time soon.

The worst part is when you work that much, you eat crap food and don't get any exercise. I feel like I gained 10lbs here this week. It was too cold to go for a walk when I got back each night. I am not used to below temps and chilly winds. Ish! I can't wait to get back to the cool Florida climate.

I hope to return to a husband who missed me and a healthy baby who loves me. Annie and Jazzy will be happy to see me. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed. Ahhh...I am homesick!

4 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

Annie and Jazzy are attention starved. Your baby misses your constant jabber(hanging with dad all week has used less vocabulary than you do in 2o minutes), and your husband is more than ready to have you back.

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Being gone sure makes you apprecite HOME doesn't it? I can't wait to get home soon myself!

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Jess said...

If I were up for 36 hours, I would then have to sleep for about 72 hours to catch up! Hope the trip home goes smoothly.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

That work schedule of yours is crazy! Hope you made it through Friday without zonking out and had a good family reunion last night.

Have a fun and relaxing weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home