Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stupid Stars

The stars are not aligned in my favor. I worked hard last night, worked hard all day, left at 5:15 so I could make it home to go to dinner at a friend's house and then this is my night:

  • Teething kid who didn't want to eat his normal food.
  • Husband who seemed cranky at me.
  • Good dinner but interupted with my desire to get home and finish some more work and put the kid to bed.
  • Blackberry ringing off the hook-typical. Seminar issues and system slowness. Hop on a call bridge, not accomplish anything I needed to do for work tonight.
  • Too overwhelmed to actually do any work now. Decided to blog.

Now I am throwing in the towel and going to bed. I can't do this any longer. Good night!

5 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

See I was right...still too much stress!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

turn the goddamned blackberry off. That will help a lot.

 
At 7:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Froyd..turn the Blackberry off. I have found in my many years of work:
1. Work will wait
2. No one is indispensible.
3. Family is much more important than work. Mothers find that out when their kids leave home and this thought is reinforced when they do. (Not all parents are able to be near their children wherever they go.)
4. Everyone can wait until the next day for an answer to their problems OR since they have to wait they may actually find their own solutions.
5. A person can't do everyone else's work for them ' cause then they will never try on their own.
6. Last but not least find the on/off switch so when you leave work you can swith it to off for the next 12 hours. (It is not always easy but the more you do it the easier it gets.)
Love ya, Coyote Mama

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

I wasn't cranky at you. Probably just flabbergasted is all.

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Sorry the stars weren't aligned. Hopefully today will be better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home