Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stress Level

I haven't posted about my stress level or work in a long time so this is way over due. I don't know where to begin but I am severly stressed and borderline panic attack seasoned with a touch of apathy. I feel so overwhelmed that I am paralyzed and can't get anything done.

I am looking forward to the next couple months as my new position and reorganization of our department should improve things. It's the current work load topped with all the new things I need to do to better our department that has me in a tizzy. Not to mention, I can't seem to get ANYTHING done. I hop from meeting to meeting, project to project, email to email without really finishing what I start.

The cardinal rule would be to block time to work (doesn't work-it gets booked over with other "emergencies"), limit my meetings (hard to do with no one else to represent our team), and delegate (which usually means more time fixing or triple explaining things). I started off the new year with a positive attitude and game plan. I haven't followed through on hardly any of it. So, rather than wallow in my pity, I am getting ready to work a few more hours tonight to knock some stuff off to ease the pain.

I am in Chicago next week to train in a new employee (yay! I hope she rocks) and will be there when we have two major projects go live. Wednesday night will probably be an all nighter as we have to take a system down and switch our email provider. I do not have a good feeling about it and know that even if I don't have to be up, I will not be able to sleep and listening for updates on the progress throughout the night.

After that, it's a week and a half and then we are off on a cruise. Ryan and I haven't been away from the baby since he was born (together) for an extended period of time (or even over night). Also, we haven't had a vacation in almost 2 years. Maybe it's been less than that but it feels like forever. No phone, no blackberry, no email, no baby...I can't wait. Granted, I think I will worry about Miller and wish I could check in but I know he will be ok with Grandma and Grandpa. It's probably them I am more worried about.

Enough wasting time...time to get back to work.

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Sounds like your new job isn't any less stressful than the old one.

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry about the stress. At least you have the cruise to look foward too. You certainly deserve it!

 
At 7:00 AM , Blogger Erin said...

The new job is my current job. Title change and more responsibility. It "should" get better in a couple months once we get ourselves organized and I have more bodies on-board.

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Careful managing all that stress, you don't want to start barfing all over the place.

And Miller will be fine while you're gone. Your parents will put him in a closet and he won't be a lickof trouble in there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home