Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Interview Questions

I decided to play along with Jessica's interview questions. See my responses below and follow the directions if you want to play along.

1. What is the best part about motherhood so far?
Knowing that Ryan and I have created the best little guy on the planet. No matter how bad my day is or how much I don't feel like "being a parent," Miller is, and going to be, a fabulous little guy. He makes me smile no matter what.

2. If you could ensure that your child has one experience that you have had yourself, what would you want it to be and why?
The sense of responsibility. My parent's encouraged me to be an individual and take responsibility in life. That meant chores, choices, jobs, and education. I learned what it was like to earn a dollar and how much more satisfaction you could draw when you worked hard to earn a reward. They also let me make choices, good or bad, and supported me. I hope to provide Miller with these same opportunities and lessons in life.

3. If income weren't a factor, what would be your "dream job"?
This is easy compared to the last two. I would be a choreographer for a major ice show.

4. What is your best memory of ice skating?
I have many great memories but my best would be after helping my students achieve their goals (whether that be pass a test, place well in a competition, or master a new skill). Seeing them enjoy the sport allowed me to experience those great times over and over again.

5. If you had to spend one weekend in a single store, but could remove nothing, which store would you pick and why?
Hmm...this one is tough. Maybe Tiffany's would be the store. The reason would be that although I would love to wear the jewelry, I know leaving it behind would not be a big deal. I don't need the materialistic goods but it would be fun to be draped in millions of dollars. Plus, then I could realize that a 14 carat ring is just too darn big to wear to work!

To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

So serious. That is why Miller will be inheriting MY sense of humor. However...if he inherits your love of Ice Dancing we will need to have a talk!

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Oh, Tiffanys is a good choice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home