Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sick Day?

Here's the quick summary:

Ryan hasn't been feeling well. At first I thought he was fighting the flu or was dehydrated from working out and mowing the lawn. Then last night, he poisoned me with dinner and I figured it was something we both ate.

Today, I decided to ask him again about the peanut butter products in the house (he's been popping peanut butter ritz crackers, other pb crackers, and little debbie things with pd in them for a week or more). He acted like I had never really mentioned anything and what in the world was I talking about.

Ok, I don't watch much news or keep up on current events but I knew there was some kind of peanut butter recall. I thought he knew and then when I asked him and he blew me off, I figured if the grocery store is selling it, it should be fine. He assumed if I asked him and there was a known problem, I would throw it all out.

This leads me to believe several things (I will leave out the miscommunication part of our marriage) 1) the grocery store didn't recall everything unless it was reported and the FDC recalled it 2) Ryan probably did have a slight case of some poisoning 3) his dinner he cooked me last night either had some trace or it was just too much for my overly stressed system.

After a night of worshipping the bathroom, I woke up not feeling 100%. I went to work and was overwhelmed. I should have called in sick. Tonight Ryan complained of feeling icky again so we discussed the pb thing and I think I will toss all the food in the morning. He went to bed with a fever again and I still feel "off."

I am hoping my illness is stress induced and I will feel better once we go on vacation. Now I am stressing about work and prepping for our trip. So much to do, so little time. Maybe I need a sick day for more than one reason?

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It depends on the brand of peanut butter you bought, but it's unlikely it's the pb. Most of the tainted stuff has been recalled, and even what tainted stuff there was was mostly regional stuff that's not sold here.

Maybe you both just have the flu.

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I wouldn't eat anything containing PB on the cruise...too risky.
A day off does the tummy good-not to mention the soul.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

My new can of Jif has been treating me fine though I was a little nervous after the first consumption. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home