Saturday, May 24, 2008

Week 37 Ultrasound

I have to admit, I someohow managed to get my regular appointment and the ultrasound done in record time yesterday. Everyone in that doctor's office was ready for the weekend. We were in and out in under 1.5 hours which is about the normal "speedy" time frame for one appointment.

Here are the stats:
*LBF is head down, face down (the correct position to make his grand exit).
*He still has all of his important organs and is still a boy (they double checked and we told the lady it was too late if he was anything else).
*He was snoozing and didn't move much with all the pushing on him-maybe he will be a calm one...maybe?!?!
*According to the measurements of the ultrasound, he's a big boy. I have had some people tell me the ultrasounds are accurate and others say they aren't so we will have to wait and see. As for length though, I know he will be tall.
*I am starting to dilate. It could be any day now or still another couple weeks. This is the one thing that is killing me. I am impatient because I like to know when things are going to happen.
*My test for B strep or whatever it is called was negative, which is good because it means no antibiotics during labor. Remember, I only like the good drugs that take away pain. No need for extra fluff! Just Kidding!!!

So, I left the doctor's office happily with a copy of my chart that I was instructed to carry at all times. I have an appointment for next week. I may or may not need it. Part of me is itching to get it over with. Then there is part of me that needs these last 4 days at work to finalize a few things so I can go on leave with no work worries.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It's kinda nerve racking to know that it could be any time now! But exciting too right? Any day now you guys are going to be parents! Of a giant child.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home