Monday, May 19, 2008

Hay for a Yard

I don't know how many of you have seen on the news that South Florida is on fire and I don't just mean Jess' running super fast! We haven't had rain for forever. We are still on a water restriction. Our yard is starting to look like a hayfield and my dear plants need some tender loving care. I know I need to get out and water them to keep them alive but I am in no condition to do it. I feel super guilty because the neighbor lady has been trying to nurse back a dead patch of our grass out front. Oh well, I could go out now and unroll the hose or just blog about it. I opted for blogging.

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Our yard is in the same shambles. Parts of the front yard look completely dead and the backyard is trying to follow suit as well. Of course it doesn't help that the lawn guy has mowed our lawn in freaking 4 weeks! Hope we get some rain soon or I'm giving up.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I think everyone's yard is like that right now -- it's terrible. When I was sitting in DIA yesterday, CNN was running a report on the fires and drought in FL, and on the map, they had a picture of FL with little graphics of flames all over it. Yeah, I was real eager to return to that.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Erin said...

That wasn't for fires Jess, it was to announce where hell is on earth! Blasted heat and humidity!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home