Monday, May 19, 2008

TV Drama

The DVR bit the dust tonight. Talk about horrible timing. I had taped the 2 hour season finale of Desperate Housewives last night and it is gone. We can't even get normal tv now :( Dish Network was very helpful, they sat on the phone with me for half an hour and tried 3 or 4 times before they gave me the bad news that the DVR is dead and they are shipping me a new one. It will be here in 4 business days. This is disheartening since there are still some season finales this week and I hate watching them on the internet.

I have always been a fan of taping a show and watching it because you can skip commercials but with a DVR, you can pause, rewind, etc. without even taping. So, when the phone rings, or I have to go to the bathroom, I can catch back up. Tonight I had to time my bathroom trips on the commercials and make sure I was back in time before the show started. I had to pay attention and not let my mind wander. I also had to watch them on the big tv but not in HD. Talk about frustrating.

Now, here's the saddest part. I can't believe how lost I felt tonight! Ryan asked me what time my show was on and what channel and I said I wasn't sure because I didn't have the guide feature! What in the world did I do before this? Now I know why people are addicted to their TIVO. I am addicted to my DVR! How pathetic is that? Especially since I don't consider myself a huge tv watcher.

Guess that fuels the need to read more books. Good thing I got a new one to keep me busy for the next couple nights.

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

It's hard to be Erin.

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Maybe that's why Jerry and I can't remember when anything is on. We don't have a DVR.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Did you see the end of Desperate Housewives then? If not you need to. They skipped ahead five years and it was shocking! Was this the season finale or the total finale?
I can tell you all about it if you missed it.
I am adicted to the DVR also...sometimes I wish I had two of them...Like Monday nights I can't tape and watch it all. Why is everything on Mondays?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home