Thursday, May 22, 2008

Date Night

So Ryan and I decided we needed a date night before the baby arrives. I had high expectations of how it would go and well, it went like a normal night around here.

I worked from home today so I got up and quickly got sucked into work. I did manage a shower and to shave my legs (no, not for romancing, for the fact that they were hairy enough to stick to my pants) but that was about all the further I got. Work sucked me back in and I didn't get to dry my hair or put on makeup. At 3:30, I decided I better get that sorted out so I was ready to go when Ryan came home from work. Again, foiled. I wasn't ready (mainly I needed to change into human clothes). Of course, he made a snide comment about us beating the dinner rush and to hurry up.

We made it to Cheesecake Factory and only had to wait a few minutes! Yippee, things are looking better. We sit down (why do they make pregnant women squeeze into booths?) and basically stared at each other. Nothing to talk about so we eat our stale bread and cold butter. Right before our food comes, the waiter gave us fresh bread. Yippee!?? Dinner was good and we split a piece of banana cream cheesecake (my favorite). We were stuffed so we headed over to the movie theatre. See, I told you it was a typical day for us.

Good part of the evening. We went to Indiana Jones and I have to say, it was pretty good. No, I am not talking Oscar material at all. I had low expectations and it was better than anticipated. It was in true Indiana style, silly one liners, overly long car fight/chase scenes, impractical items, and of course a predictable plot. I loved it because I was afraid it would be like Star Wars and leave a bad taste in my mouth. It surely did not. I still think Harrison Ford is hot which helps and he didn't miss a beat with his character signature moves and looks. Mmmm...So, if you are an Indiana Jones fan, I think you will like the movie. If you are expecting something crazy and better than any of the past ones, you will surely be disappointed. To me, its as though the 19 years hadn't passed and Harrison is still young and sexy. Also a good note, there were quite a few little toddlers and kids brought to the movie with mom and dad. I was sure we would have some interruptions but they all behaved. Those that didn't were ushered out by dad and not brought back in until they could behave. God bless those parents!

Now we are back home. I did a half hour of work and Ryan is practicing guitar. So much for a "date night."

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed your dinner and movie! I didn't know the new Indi movie was out. May have to see that one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home