Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shami and Priorities

I am not quite sure how you spell Shami but you know those yellow/tan rags that soak up all the water on your car after you wash it and leave it with a spot free shine? Well, that's what my ankles and feet did last night. After a long week at work and probably a poor choice in shoes (wore heals three days out of 5) I had the attack of water retention. I attended a party after work on Friday that was outdoors. One, the heat and humidity played a role, then the fact that sitting in bar stool type chairs cut circulation off to my feet, and then standing was not a wise choice. I came home and put my feet up on two pillows. Then I tried to sleep with them raised. It helped bring the swelling down a little so I tried to stay off them as much as possible today. They aren't back to normal but they did come down quite a bit. Ah, only a few more weeks of this.

Today I had two things on my list of priorities to do. One was a hair cut which I did get. I chopped the crap out of it because I know it's easier to handle when it's short and it's hot as hell again. I went to the new salon my stylist just opened. I am so proud of her and now know what my $$$ haircuts have been going towards. It's a nice salon and if anyone's looking for a good place to go, I recommend it. I have had her cut my hair for the past 7 years and have not come home crying once (unlike the other places that I tried the first year I moved here).

The one funny thing was I noticed I had some unruly hair lately and thought it was because my cut was growing out. When she started chopping she said "Looks like you developed some nice body and curve on the right side but man, that left side isn't even thinking about it." I laughed and said maybe it will fall out once I have the baby and go back to straight. She laughed, said maybe, but then warned me that more than likely I will lose a ton of hair (possibly a bald spot!)and find some other weird things going on. Those darn hormones can change your hair and it can be up to 6 months after the kids born. Hmmm...maybe I will have natural curls in the future or end up having bangs to cover up a bald spot!

My second priority was to pack my hospital bag. I didn't get that accomplished. I don't know why I am procrastinating on that one. I guess it's because I really don't know what to bring. I do, but I don't. Maybe that's what officially makes me ready now. Who knows.

Braxton hicks are in full swing now; or at least that's what I think is going on. The kids on the move down into position and I have been crampy. Right now it's just annoying but it puts you on high alert. Every little twinge makes me wonder how much longer. The next 3 weeks are going to be rough.

2 Comments:

At 1:34 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

shami should be chamois, I believe.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I knew it didn't look right but oh well...you got the point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home