Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thank you

Thank you to all that volunteered to help when needed. Sheryl brought up a good point; to you, an hour or two with LBF will be fun. To me, it's an hour of sanity!

Work has been crazy busy with my boss transitioning to a new division and us not having a replacement. No replacement means two things that are virtually status quo in my world.
1) Everyone still comes to me
2) I still do the work
The only nice part about this is that they come to me first and I can prioritize rather than have someone else tell me how to prioritize my day.

I am a little stressed out about going on leave. Not that I don't think my team will survive without me, they will, it's just going to be rough on them and others will have to learn through trial and error that "Erin's one stop shop" will now turn into a day's worth of trying to find the information they need. The hard part is there are a few pet projects that I am knee deep in and have to document the remaining tasks, communications, distribution lists, etc. and also bring my team up to speed on them. One of the critical ones will just be getting crazy about the time my water breaks. That one has me up at night worrying about it. The bummer is I am so busy with normal work, it's hard finding the time to do this properly. I could do it once I am at home or on the weekends just to put my mind at ease but honestly, I am too exhausted to do it.

Through all the exhaustion, sickness, and baby brain, I did have two really good ideas this week that are going to make a difference. I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with them. Sometimes I feel like I am only the negative "did you think about this" type person but when I said that this week, it was with positive examples of how to improve on something. It's good to know the brain still functions.

So, although work is crazy, I am hanging in there. I have been working 8-9 hour days (better than my 10-11 hours) nonstop and I am at least eating lunch (no half hour or hour break but fueling up). Tomorrow I will work from home which means more actual work but in the comfort of pjs!

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Have fun working in your PJs tomorrow! That should be a nice break.

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Is Ryan taking off a couple weeks when the baby first comes home? It is a good bonding time for you both. Plus one can sleep and one can be up with baby--if need be--you might get a sleeper, it happens. Plus two heads are better than one. Also four arms, legs etc.
You will do fine! No worries.
And work, pishah, the will survive.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I want a PJs work day! So jealous right now. Try not to get too stressed with work. Sounds like you still have a lot on your plate but you'll figure it all out. Hope you don't lose too much sleep over it all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home