Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Asking for Help

As you can tell, I am getting more and more excited about the baby coming because I keep posting more and more about him. Sorry to those that find this boring but I figure it is better reading than me complaining about work.

I have heard all the stories about how you must ask for help and take advantage of it when you can after the baby is born. You are not being selfish, you will need the time to sleep, get away from the baby, be a person other than mom, etc. This is turning into a fear for me now.

As most of you know, I usually don't ask for help. At work, I take on too much and have to be in a real bind before I ask for assistance. Same with at home. Ryan may beg to differ (he probably thinks I have no problem asking him to do things for me) but in the scheme of things, I try not to ask people for help if it's something I can do. Well, I have a feeling that once the baby comes, I am going to need help but be afraid to ask for it since I never do it now.

I don't think asking for help is a sign of weakness, I just think it is a control issue for me. With that said, I also think part of my control issue is I don't do well with change or the unexpected and having this kid is definitely going to be a change and unchartered territory. I know in my head people have kids all the time. I know that my life won't change 100% but will it be more than I bargained for? I guess we will find out in a few more weeks. Until then, I must keep telling myself everything is going to be ok.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

If you ever need anything when the little guy arrives, don't hesitate to send a shout out!

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Don't worry. Auntie Jess and Uncle Jerry are very willing baby sitters with very few obligations. And Scooter wouldn't mind taking his girlfriend Annie to the dog park for a date either.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Megger said...

anytime you need anything give a ring! love the lil munchkins!!!

 
At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help can be someone coming over and sitting with LBF while you take a shower and run to the store quick. Help can be someone stopping at the store on their way home and grabbing you a can of formula. Or making you and Ryan some dinners you can freeze and eat when ever, we loved this.

Realize that people want to spend time with LBF and it isn't helping you, it’s them getting their LBF fix.

It’s funny how once you have a kid your personality changes, not for the worse just changes some.

Oh and Auntie Sheryl is coming in August and can't wait to kick you and Ryan out for a night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home