Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I am six months along now. Here is what I have discovered.

1) Gained 8.5 lbs so far. Not too bad. I am not looking forward to the large gain that comes on in the end because honestly, not sure how I will move or function. Reaching, bending, sitting, walking, etc. have new challenges attached to them. I discovered that this week trying to travel. Uff!

2) Second trimester is blissful (ha ha). I have to say, it is much better since I don't feel naseaus but I think the feel good period was much shorter than the feel bad period. I have now grown a large belly and even bigger boobs and am quite uncomfortable. Not sure what is like to sleep more than a couple hours at a time anymore.

3) I have cankles from flying! I sure hope they go away now that I am back home. I drank a ton of water before, during, and after the flight but my socks could not lie. My ankles were swollen!

4) People are nice to visibly pregnant women. I have had more doors opened, seats offered, and general pleasantries than I know what to do with. My only wish is that they would save some of it up for when I am trying to juggle a car seat, diaper bag, and groceries through a door.

5) LBF is active and kicking is a myth. He plays inside me like he's on a jungle gym! That's not a soccer player in there, it's a WWF wrestler. His father should be proud.

So, all in all things are going well but no book will prepare you for how your body changes and the little things that will surprise you, good or bad. I am still waiting for the hubby to realize I need a foot, leg, and back massage. He complains I don't give him any lovin' but he has yet to empathize with me. All he ever says is "wow, that doesn't look comfortable." No shit.

2 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Maybe there is a good side to puking after all. You're only up 8.5 pounds! I'm up 6.5 already!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like everything is going well in these months with LBF!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home