Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Did the World Tilt?

I think the world might have tilted slightly off its access because today was a weird day.

At work, I had one employee forget her computer and then ran into a calamity of errors trying to get home to work from home. Then I had another email me to tell me the ice storm knocked out his phone and he was having car issues so he couldn't drive into the local university to use their more stable internet. Then it was error after error with things that shouldn't have been so crazy at the office.

At the doctor's office, they experienced a similar day as all doctors except one were called into surgery and that left the one to see all patients. I not only had billing issues, I was sent back and forth between floors several times. After the 1 hour 45 minute mark I asked if they forgot about me and they had. They crossed me off the list of patients to be seen and kept on calling other names.

After all of this craziness, I had a nice dinner with Jess (Chipotle) and then headed home to catch up on work. I decided to get gas but the first gas station was having pump errors and all the pumps were shut down. I went to a gas station that I have only visited once before and it was just weird...can't explain it but it was eery.

Now it is time for bed and for the last 2 hours, neither the cat or dog has bugged me. Something is definitely weird.

3 Comments:

At 1:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's called CPL (crazy pregnant lady). The world is just fine, it's you that is going crazy...must be the hormones. Tell Froyd to sleep in the other room so none of the "bad" hormones sweat out of you and touch his skin. Every drop takes a little bit of man out of you and makes you like the color pink. BKR

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Wacky Wednesday for sure!

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That's weird that the gas pumps weren't working. For some reason, it makes me think of that line from Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues": "The pumps don't work/Cause the vandals took the handles"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home