Friday, February 15, 2008

To Call or Not to Call?

I have had some not so comfortable pains the last couple days. In my head, I am pretty sure it is things moving and growing but I am a little nervous because it is pain and not discomfort. So, I sucked it up this morning and decided I would call the doctor. At 7:50am, I was hoping they opened at 8 and I would get a human. Second choice would be an IVR with their hours of service. Nope. I get some on call nurse that barks at me when I called. I didn't know. I assumed the phone line would tell me what my options were. She just hastily told me to call back after 9am.

So, it's almost 9am and I am debating if I feel like tackling this today. I think I will call for piece of mind but I know they will want me to come in. After my last 3 hour visit...I am not so keen on making a trip to the office to sit and wait. I really hate health care. I hate to sound snobby but doctor's offices are what turn me away, not the actual doctor. I am pretty sure any future children will not be seen by this office. In fact, I tend to think after I birth the baby, all future crotch inspections will be by another doctor. I am a disatisfied customer.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I think you should call again. Especially since you describe it as "pain"!

Too bad this doctor has turned out to be so disappointing, and I don't think it's snobby to say that.

If I were you, I might also tell the doctor all your issues with the office. They shoudl know why you won't return with LBF #2.

 
At 1:30 AM , Blogger Liz said...

Did you call? HOpe everything is alright. Always go with your gut! :)

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Erin I hope you got into your doctor. Pain is always an issue. And both you and Shannon have to pass on to your doctors how their office is run! It's deplorable! Seriously they need to know it's turning people away! I told my doctor in Mn something I hated about our clinc and she was so nice about it and brought it up at the next board meeting and even called me about it. Bottom line is they do need to know these things.
Take care! Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home