Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long Ass Post

I am back from Chicago and will break this up into several posts. Here's the order they will appear in.

1) Doctor Update
2) Pregnancy Update
3) Travel Update

DOCTOR UPDATE

Remember how I called on Friday and left a voicemail. Well, Wednesday at 11:15am ET I received a call and it went like this.

Erin "Hello, this is Erin."

Nurse Bitch "Yes, this is Nurse Bitch and you called and left a message. You shouldn't have left a message at this number."

Erin "Oh, I am sorry."

Nurse Bitch "Didn't you listen to the prompts? OB patients are supposed to hang up and dial ext ####. We didn't call you because we couldn't find your chart."

Erin "Oh, I didn't know or hear that. When I called back, the receptionist transfered me to this ext also. Does she know not to transfer OB patients to you?"

Nurse Bitch "Again, you aren't supposed to leave messages on this extention."

Erin "Well, the reason I called was because I was having some lower abdominal pain and was worried whether it was growing pains or something more serious. I still have them but not as bad."

Nurse Bitch "Silence."

Erin "So, should I have come in, is it growing pains? I had to fly to Chicago so I can't come in now. Must not have been too serious (nervous giggle by me)."

Nurse Bitch "So you understand you aren't supposed to call and leave a message at this number?"

Erin (now pissed off that she isn't even addressing the fact that I called with symptoms, told them to her, and no response. Now I turn nasty.) "Yes, I understand and won't call and leave a message at this number again. BTW, your voicemail says you will return a call within 24 hours. I don't care what type a patient I am but today is Wednesday and I called on Friday. That's way more than 24 hours. I hope you treat your other patients better. Please transfer me to Shanika."

Nurse Bitch "We couldn't find your chart. Transfered."

Summary: Who gives a rats ass if you couldn't find my chart. I left you may name and number. Don't you people use a computer database? It's 2008 and even tiny stores that make no more than 20 bucks a day in profits use a computer! Thanks for caring about me. It was nice of you to see how I was doing. Obviously your IVR isn't very clear if I called several times and never once heard the option. At least the HR lady faxed my paperwork (or so I think) to my HR lady.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

WTF is wrong with them? Their staff can be so rude!

Since I'm to nervous to complain and send back food at a restaurant for fear of retaliation, I'm sure I'll never complain... until after the baby is born, then I'm letting it rip. :)

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh, on my next visit I am going to tell the doctor how unhappy I am. I don't care any more. This is ridiculous. No one should run such a crappy ship; especially when dealing with people's health.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home