Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Progress

We were set up with the expectation it could take months to complete our roof based on permits, inspections, work, etc. Well, less than a week after they started, it's complete! I am so excited. It may sound silly but knowing that the roof over our porch, addition, and garage won't leak or collapse is a nice relief on top of the vanity factor. No more dirty shingles with clean new ones in the spots that marked where the hurricanes paid a visit.

Next on the list of home improvements-contact the paint company so I can find out where I need to pick a color sample from. Make that decision and get them painting. After that, the new gutters can go up!

In between those adventures, Ryan will be putting his new shed up and possibly fixing the grill area (that might happen after the painting).

The baby room is coming along. My next chore is to sketch the animals and paint them. Then it's time to do some serious baby furniture shopping and get registered. Uff, makes me tired just thinking about it all.

At work, my new hire started and has shown up two days in a row with no inclination of leaving me high and dry. He's doing a great job listening, asking questions, and jumping in. He had his first mini fire drill today!

Tomorrow I work most of the day in the office and then head to Miami for our retreat. I hope things stay semi calm since I have gotten so much done in the last 2 days it is almost scary.

Time to go pack and then hit the sack. I am exhausted.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Have fun down in Miami!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home