Monday, January 21, 2008

First Baby Outfits

Yesterday, Ryan and I attempted to look for more baby furniture only to discover that there is a conspiracy in the furniture world. Baby stores only sell cribs, changing tables/dresses, and dressers. They do not sell any other pieces such as end tables/night stands or other accessories. Furniture stores don't sell cribs and start off with beds but they have all the goodies that go with them. I wish I was popping out a toddler because we would have been set. We already found some cool bunkbeds with desks, drawers, and book shelves built in! Talk about cool.

After the furniture store experience we decided to go straight to Home Depot to get paint samples. I loaded up my purse and then we set off to look at flooring samples. Again, nothing jumped out at us but at least we found one sample we both were slightly interested in. We will just have to keep looking on that one.

Next, a stop at Gameworks for a drink and snack before we met Jess and Jerry for a movie. (Gameworks has good fruit smoothies in case you were wondering.) We saw Cloverfield which was definitely intense. It was a good "see it in the theatre but once is all you need to watch it" type movie. I left with tense muscles from the anticipation of what was going to happen next. I do think that in light of a crisis that would require me to run from my house without any belongings, I would always have a trusty pair of shoes to run miles in (not 4" heels like this poor girl) and probably a sweatshirt and a weapon. With this thought, I need to stock my trunk and keep an emergency bag with me at all times. That's all I am going to tell you about the movie.

Thanks to Auntie Jess and Uncle Jerry for the cute baby clothes! LBF received his first onesies and they are adorable. I can't wait to dress him up. With all the new baby excitement, that leaves me with today's list of chores. We are beginning to paint the nursery. Ryan's goal is to prime today while I go get all the other supplies. I need to get some groceries and work a little today also. It is going to be a busy one.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Have fun as you guys begin construction and painting on LBF's room today!

When I was getting LBF the onesies, I was looking at toddler clothes -- and I had this whole camo shorts, black t-shirt outfit in my hands, but then realized that 2 is a few years away, and perhaps I'd better just stick to the newborn clothes. But I discovered that while I don't love clothes shopping for myself, I think it's fun shopping for baby clothes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home