Sunday, January 13, 2008

First Baby Purchase

Since Wednesday, everyone has been bugging me to find out what I went out and bought LBF. I had good intentions on Wednesday evening to swing by the store but with all the excitement on Wednesday, I tuckered myself out and didn't leave the house. Thursday was a long day at work and as for Friday, I just like to get home and veg.

Saturday did arrive and I was ready to do some baby shopping. Jess and I decided we would "preview" some items (especially for the room) and then I would take Ryan on Sunday for the cliffnotes version of final approvals prior to purchasing. It went well. Together (Jess and I first, and then Ryan and I) agreed on the Zanzibar jungle theme from Babies R Us. Granted, every store carries it but that's where we purchased it. I only bought the bedding set to get started picking out paint. Ryan has a ton of work ahead of him and is already grumping about it.

I think we will leave the registering and crib purchasing for a little while later. Today was enough excitement and sticker shock for one day. Plus, after yesterday's shopping extravaganza, I was worn out today and felt icky. I think I pulled a muscle in my tummy/pelvis area and walking was torture. Not to mention, that lovely heart burn that just won't go away. At least there was no puking.

I did pick up a couple pairs of pants for work and a pair of jeans (they sorta fit...can't be too picky) and a few tops. At least I can now make it through the work week without having to be creative in how to put together an outfit that covers the unbuttoned pants or covers the boobs and belly.

7 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Zanzibar will be very cute! Congrats on the choice.

What can you take as far as the heartburn is concerned? I assume Tums/Rolaids are okay for pregos, the soft chew Rolaids are not too shabby in terms of the "ick" factor.

But, every time you mention your heartburn, it makes me think of "Juno" when she says that she has "heartburn in her kneecaps." Makes me chuckle.

 
At 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know they say heartburn means the baby has lots of hair... I can see the folicles forming on him little shoulders and ears now. Someday a lucky lady will be shaving him down for a trip to the beach!
In any event, I had heartburn and V is bald. She was born with a litte hair, but for the most part, she's bald.
Tums are OK for pregos but Alkaseltzer is out. Chewing gum and sucking on hard candy helps too. SQKR

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I am allowed up to 4 tums a day according to the doctor. I try to wait it out until bedtime incase I need to double dose them (4 all at once). I like the fruit flavored ones (mainly orange and yellow, not green or red).

SQKR, that's an old wives tale as you have just proven. In fact, if my kid wasn't hairy I would wonder what was going on. Both Ryan and I are furry.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

zanzibar jungle theme reminds me of this story by ray bradbury.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Erin said...

If Ryan keeps thinking about all the toys he wants to buy LBF, that is a possibility but I think we are too sensible to spoil our children that much. Plus, now that Uncle Sean is a step away from being Dr. Froyd, he will help us prevent instances like that. :)

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Ain't Mommiehood great! Pants that don't fit and heartburn....
But I do love the jungle theme!

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger KB_MI said...

Congrats on the little winky grabber you're about to have! Make sure Ryan only buys him toy guns until he's at least 4 and can say "run" before he shoots at the cat...dog....dad...house!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home