Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lecture, Apology, Survival

To sum up my week; it sucked. Not only did I work 11 and 12 hour days, I got yelled at for something that was not worth being yelled at for. Then, an hour or so later, I received an apology that had the words "You were right and I should learn to trust your judgement more." That's right-mark that on your calendar people. I am not going to dwell on the horrors of the week because I lived it.

It is now Saturday. Ryan is out playing basketball and returning with breakfast. I am catching up on blogs and email. Soon I will pick up the house a little, possibly shower, put on my creative juices and get the grass stencils cut out and posted on the wall for Ryan to paint.

The roofers showed up Thursday morning and stripped the roof of all old shingles. They replaced some rotten wood and put up the first layer of tar paper. City of Sunrise inspected yesterday (we think) and the roofers will be back on Monday. Annie and Jazzy did not like the commotion and hid together under the bed most of the day. Poor babies. I feel bad for them. It's hard to protect the house when it sounds like a bad thunderstorm out there.

Next week I am off to Miami for a 3 day retreat for work (Wed-Fri). I convinced my boss to get me a room so I don't have to tackle that horrendous traffic each morning and afternoon. Hopefully it is a good retreat; our whole team will be in including my new hire. The only bummer is I can't go out and drink with everyone. But, at least I won't be hoping for death while sitting through presentations like everyone else. Big K won't be down so that is a bummer. We were hoping he would make an appearance on work's dime. Oh well.

February has me putting 4 days in at the office in Chicago and then possibly 2-3 days in Denver in March. We will see how LBF is doing and what the doctor recommends on travel. I am not too keen on going either place since I know my winter coat won't button around my belly. Should be interesting; I hope it is warm enough to wear it open. I know, the things a girl has to worry about. Forget flying pregnant, lugging suitcases, walking on ice...it's all about fashion and warmth.

5 Comments:

At 2:46 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I feel you pain with the work week, although I didn't have the additional 3-4 long days you did. What a trooper. Good luck with all your travel plans, sounds like some busy times coming up.

Can't wait to see all the hard work you're putting in on LBF's room!

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I second Crystal's comment on the baby room. It sounds like it's going to be spectacular!

I never gave much thought to maternity coats before - do they make them?? The one thing even more useless than a winter coat in FL - a maternity winter coat in FL!

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Do you wanna borrow a Jer-Bear coat?

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Jess, I might have to. I will let you know before I go. Depends on weather and "bigness" of LBF.

Shannon, you are right on that one. I barely wear my winter appearal as is...couldn't imaging purchasing winter maternity wear down here.

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Wow...be careful PG lady...no slipping on thin ice or any other kind...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home