Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good Bye Furniture

Ryan was a good hubby yesterday. He put the old furniture in the baby's room on Craigslist and last evening we got a call. This morning the lady, her hubby, and two kids showed up. SOLD! Part of me thinks we should always list things at a higher price but I am just happy to see my old furniture go to a good home. It may be the hormones talking but it was kinda sad to see it go. I have had that furniture since I was in middle school. It trecked across country with me and several moves within southern Florida. Still looked like new. Not to mention it is much higher quality than the crap we purchased for our own room. I did a craptastic job of empyting the contents of the dresser and night stand into the corner on the floor in the other guest room. The desk drawers were emptied into a laundry basket for some sentimental cleaning and sorting before new homes are found later this week.

I have been brainstorming about the painting options in LBF's new room. I think I have talked myself into trying to do a mural. I will sketch it out before we prime just to test myself. If it looks ok, I am going to give it a shot. I have mentioned I wanted a hobby and this is something I have always wanted to do/try. Although I won't be able to drink a few beers to loosen up my creative juices, I have a pretty good feeling this might actually work. Who knows, I can't remember the last time I painted something with a brush other than the hard to reach places on a wall that the roller didn't get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home