Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's a Boy!

I think I beat Ryan to posting. The ultra sound went well today. LBF cooperated and showed us he is boy. It was pretty cool because he definitely looks like a little human now. They took quite a few "shots" of him from different angles. We saw the head, brain, face, torso, belly, spine, arms, legs, "Mr. Winky," and some other things I wasn't quite sure of. He was chillin' at first but then began moving all over the place.

After the ultra sound we moved down to the regular doctor for our check in. I have gained a whopping 2.5lbs total but as long as I am gaining and not losing I am on track. LBF is growing and a week ahead of the curve in length. He will be a lanky one. They drew some blood to check for spina bifida and down syndrome. We should know in a little over a week if we are in the clear. No reason for alarm, it's routine.

Ryan was pretty pumped to start buying boy toys. I hope I can hold him off a little. I am pumped to go buy stuff to start decorating the room. I have an idea of what I want.

Now, we need to work on a name. We have one we like but not everyone else does.

8 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say name him Jerry.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats on the Little Boy Froyd!

 
At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the baby boy! I have a feeling the legos and many other toys are going to starting piling up now!

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

screw everyone else. stick to megatron or storm shadow.

snake eyes would also be acceptable.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats! I'm so glad you told us and didn't keep it a secret. (My is also shouting over my shoulder that she needs your jeans now so she can start working on your gift.) What are the name ideas so far (besides Megatron and Storm Shadow)?

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Oops, I swear I typed the word mom in that sentence... my mom is shouting over my shoulder... obviously I couldn't concentrate!

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger Liz said...

Who cares what everyone else thinks!!! Name him what you want...I find that is the name that will suit him in the end!!!


I have three girls..so no words on wisdom on that part...other than keep your sense of humor...it will get your thru the hard times!!!

Congrats!!!

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Congrats on the baby boy! Yeah! Not sure how you're gonna control Ryan and the toy shopping, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home