Monday, January 07, 2008

Buzz Game

Ryan bought me a play station game called Buzz for Xmas. It's a trivia type game where 4 contestants can play. It is similar to the Scene It Xbox game but has multiple categories, not just movies. I like it except for one thing. No matter how well you play the game, the last round is the determining factor. Granted you have to have done decent up until this point but you can come back and beat everyone.

Tonight Captain Petard and I played while Ryan worked some magic in the kitchen (Vidalia Onion Cutter rocks!). Pete was kicking my butt until that last round and then I won. I am learning everyone's weaknesses so if I ever play a game like Who Wants to be a Millionaire I would know who to call for help based on their subject area expertise.

Ryan and I played Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader (we altered the game but used the questions). I beat him but am far from being smarter than a 5th grader. I know that I personally should not be called as a lifeline for history/social studies. Surprisingly, math has been my strong suit along with english/reading or science. I know I am not a history or social studies buff but I assumed I at least memorized the same things all American school children did. I must not have paid attention and did well on projects and tests but forgot stuff the minute I left the classroom.

I know Jess' area of expertise and her weakness. How about the rest of you?

4 Comments:

At 7:52 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I know my weaknesses are science and geography (though I'm not as bad as the Miss Teen USA contestant!).

Jess might also add grammar as one of my weaknesses. I pretty much use my own standards, but it's not entirely my fault - I never had grammar in college so the last time was like 8th grade.

Would you consider some private tutoring, Jess? I need help with clauses and commas and...

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I think the last time most people had grammar was in 8th grade. Most of us were able to grasp it well enough then that we didn't need more of it later on. I doubt you need tutoring Shannon.

My weakness is certainly math. You can use me as a lifeline for the history/social studies and English. But I sucked it up at the music/art category in that game. It's been a long time since I was tutored in the ways of the whole note.

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

per my knowledge bowl experience, I'm one of those clutch players that will know random stuff. I'm helpful in all the other categories, weak specifically in sports.

I loves me the trivia.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Most of whatever I used to know...has long since left my brain as it was stored in the usless department! Things like Geography-where is the Red Sea? And is it really red? Math-zip unless the numbers are small enough to use your fingers. History, naw. Spelling--he he ha ha....don't make me laugh! And the list goes on.
But ask me a line from an old movie I loved...gotcha!
Am I smarter than a 5th grader? Of course not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home