Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Return to the Work Week After Vacation

I must say, I was not looking forward to going back to work this week after my long week of days off and doing nothing. I think week 17 of pregnancy has finally given me some energy because I arrived at work most days around 8 rather than 8:30 and stayed until after 6. I mass produced documents, projects, content, resolved issues, answered a bajillion emails, and somehow, didn't kill anyone.

The main project I have been working on for over a year is almost complete. It goes live February 20th and although it won't ever be over, the uphill battle should have plateaued by then. I gave a presentation on it Thursday to two groups of people and waited for someone to send me the critical email that points out a very important aspect that I forgot but so far, nothing. All the feedback has been praise. I can't help but boast about this because dammit, I have worked hard on this. To put another feather in my cap, I had a coworker tell me that he thought my presentation was spectacular and that I have come a long way in the year he has worked with me. He thought I was reading from a script I was so thorough. Cha ching! It was a great way to come back to work. Hopefully the momentum keeps up and no road blocks or potholes jump in the way. I just want this baby launched. Then I think I am going to take a day off and celebrate!

Oh, and the other good news is I hired an ops manager to add to my team. He starts at the end of the month and I can't wait. He is an internal employee so the training should go a lot faster than if he were an outsider. I hope he is as good as my last new hire becuase then I have a fabulous team. I can't wait to finally have some bodies to help me so I can actually do some personal development and work with my other two employees on things I haven't had time for.

The only dreaded thing in the back of my mind is our annual review. I have a boss now that is taking it very seriously and in the past, I have practically written my own and then had my boss deliver it to me. This round should be interesting. Even if she trashes me, I hope there is a raise in there somewhere or a bonus. If not, I think I might have to go on strike.

3 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can Kyle go to the fairy Prince's house? He got a set of Lego's for X-Mas. No bonuses this year for anyone...got it from an inside source....just the lame 3% raise. Keep up the barfing, it's good for the soul.

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I know about the 3% crap but one can always wish for more. I wonder how I will spend my extra 10 cents on each pay check. Lame!

Kyle can probably tag along. When is he coming for a visit? Is he sick of the snow yet?

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats on all the good things at work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home