Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back to Normal

The house is officially back to normal. Ryan took down the tree while I went to a movie yesterday. Today I finished putting all the decor away, we moved the couches back (I hand washed the floors first-I have black and blue knees to prove it), put down the new rug (looks terrific), took the leaf out of the table, cleaned up the house, and am ready to do nothing for the rest of my time off.

Jess and I went to Juno yesterday. It was a great movie and I recommend you see it. It had a ton of humor, some emotional parts, and was set in MN so there was some humor that most others won't catch unless you have lived there.

We came home and I finally cooked those darn cornish game hens that were meant for Christmas Eve dinner. They turned out good along with the rest of the meal. I don't mind cooking but I always feel like I don't have enough room/counter space or dishes. I am a recipe follower so it takes me forever with all the double checking ingredients, measuring, timing, and reviewing the recipe to make sure I didn't forget anything. Oh well, good meal and plenty of food. Plus I got Ryan and Jerry to clean up for me!

We played a little Buzz Trivia and the new XBox 360 Scene It game. I am not a stellar player but it is fun. I am too slow and definitely am not up to speed on movie trivia.

That's all for now. Time to shower and relax.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Thanks for dinner last night -- it was delicious! And thanks for the leftover hen as well; we made "hen salad" for lunch and it was also good.

You'll have to quiz yourself between now and Monday and we'll face off again for a New Year's Eve challenge!

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like fun! I think my mom has some cornish game hens she hasn't cooked up yet either. Miss you guys-

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home