Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Years Day

Happy New Years!

We rang in the new year with the crew. It was a nice evening (even as the sober one). I made it past midnight (that was the deal) so that means no more teasing from Jerry that I can't drink until LBF is born. Each of us removed the mentioning of either sayings, stories, or jokes from 2007 that were repeated at every gathering (which get old over time for the one being harrassed but are fun for the others to bring up). Since we can no longer mention them, let's just say it won't be long before 2008 brings up new items to harrass each other about.

The boys lit off some fireworks (pale in comparison to the 4th of July) but still a nice show. Basically they use up all the little stuff on the 4th and save their big stuff for New Years. I am ok with this because the 4th takes hours worth of tiny explosions to get to the big bangers that warrant ooohs and ahhhs. I always consider it a success when no one loses a finger or an eye.

So, after staying up way too late, I am taking it easy today again. I want to finish my book and watch a little more trash tv. I should do an hours worth of work today but why push my luck. I have all day tomorrow thru Friday to get it done.

What is really killing me is the floor looks like a dandelion exploded (Annie, Jazzy, and Scooter fur mixed with grass from outside) but if I even cleaned it myself, Ryan would go ballistic on me. So, as one of my resolutions to take things at a medium pace, I will let it sit for a day or two before I resweep/vaccuum. Poor LBF, s/he is going to have one tough household to grow up in.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It was a fun evening -- thanks for hosting and for letting us sleep there!

I have had the headache from hell all day today and have bascially been a worthless POS.

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

You guys must have rocked out late! Any rematches with SceneIt?

I didn't overdrink, but I was really dehydrated today too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home