Saturday, November 11, 2006

Ghostly adventure

My trip to Chicago was nice but very exhausting. I worked some pretty long hours. When I got back to the hotel each night, I would contemplate venturing out but I usually opted to get ready for bed and watch a little tv or read. I know, not very adventurous, but I was beat!

The hotel I stayed in was very nice. They were remodeling it so the room I was in was newly renovated. Unfortunately it was next to the elevator. The funny thing is that I didn't hear that elevator or anybody in the halls. What I did hear is coming up but first, one quirky thing is that since they were remodeling, the ice machine was on the 36th floor. It said in the room brochure that if you wanted ice, room service would bring it to you. So, my first night in the room I hear a "ding dong" and think it is the elevator. I don't get up and check the door. A little while later, "ding dong." I realize it is the doorbell in my room and head towards the door. Before I get there, a lady from the hotel walks in with fresh ice. I was slightly dumb founded, especially since I had set the deadbolt on the door...

After I went to sleep, I woke up around 2am to the sound of pebbles being tossed at my window. I was on the 12th floor so I highly doubted anyone was actually lobbing rocks at my window. I got up and headed towards the window and the noise stopped. I headed back to bed and it started in again. I opened my eyes, got up again, and you guessed it, it stopped. So, I chocked that up to the constuction and that maybe they were working on the elevator next to mine still.

Next night...."ding dong" but I beat the lady to it. I open the door and say no thanks before the spirit could enter my room ;) Just kidding but after that is when it got super spookey. I went to sleep and the pebble noise woke me up. I stayed in bed and dealt with it. Then a little while later, it sounded like an elevator door was opening and closing or that it was trying to go up but had to come right back down. I got up and went to the door and looked out, the noise stopped. Back to bed, repeat the last sentence several times. After a while I decided there wasn't anything I could do and went back to bed. I pulled the covers up and then it felt like something grabbed the right hand side of them and pulled them down tight against my chest. I froze and thought for sure that was the weirdest sensation I have ever had.

I am not a believer in ghosts but I can honestly say I was touched by something that night. My hubby claims Chicago is known as one the most haunted cities in America. That makes sense with the history of the city and the types of buildings but man...I am kinda addicted. I was hoping for more on my last night there but instead, I had a peaceful night. Maybe the ghost realized I respected it and wasn't going to change rooms so it moved on to haunt someone else.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very spooky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home