Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Chicago and re-evaluating desires to be a corporate bitch

I am still in Chicago for work. For the longest time I thought I wanted to be a corporate bitch. I have realized that "corporate" is another way of saying "screwed up" and the bitch part is because they treat you like a dog. Just kidding. It isn't so bad but having the life I have right now in FL does not lend itself to traveling so much. I miss my pets and hubby.

Actually, my experience hasn't been so bad. The first couple days were like a mini vacation. I worked extremely long hours but when work was over, I went to my haunted hotel room (next post) and relaxed. I didn't log in to the computer, I got ready for bed and vegged out. I had hoped to shop Michigan Avenue but decided for the safety of my credit card and feet, I should just stay in the hotel.

The bummer is that I spent $400+ on new "winter" clothes for this trip and Xmas in MN. I thought the stuff I purchased wouldn't be warm enough. Well, the weather has been beautiful and the darn office has the HEAT on! It is in the 50's outside but the office is pushing 80+ degrees. I have a tank top and sweater on! I didn't pack any lighter clothes. I figured I would freeze sitting in conference rooms. I also brought my scarf thinking how cute I could be but it is too warm for it. Everyone has them but the Minnesotan in me says it is still too nice to wear a scarf. Darn it!

So Monday and Tuesday I was asleep by this time but tonight we had a work dinner that I couldn't pass up. It was at a Greek restaurant. The food was wonderful but a very different atmosphere than Taverna Opa in Ft. Lauderdale. No dancing on tables Jess! I have networked with some very interesting people and for once, actually felt like I really had a lot to offer to my company. I usually doubt my abilities on many things because I am a pessimist but this project has helped me identify my strengths.

Anyhow, that is all for now. Pending the ghosts don't get me tonight, I will blog about my haunted hotel room tomorrow.

As for those that want me to change my blog name....I might be applying to teach in the next week or so....so until the journey comes full circle or I get a new hobby-deal with it!

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun is a Greek restaurant is there's no table dancing?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home