Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wild Week

I don't want to jinx myself but so far, I have made it through Ryan's absence without any household problems or emergencies. The work week was a roller coaster of drama and uncertainty but as of Friday, I still have a job and my duties did not change drastically. For those of you that I didn't vent to or cry on the shoulder of...my boss announced she was resigning. I was super disappointed because I really like working for her. In the short time she has been with the company (I literally have worked with her since August!) she has had a great impact on the company and I have learned so much from her. She is a wonderful mentor. Her job opportunity is one that she couldn't pass up so I am happy for her. This wouldn't have been such a blow this week because I knew she wouldn't stay with us forever but the same day she announced her resignation, so did her boss! That is what put my job at jeopardy because he was the head honcho for academics. With him leaving, all of her departments were up for "reorganization and restructuring." YIKES! The most comforting thing this week was that I was approached from several departments that said if I needed a "home" they would hire me. Now that is a good thing to know and hear. I am thankful that people know I work hard and am good at my job. Many days I feel like I am just a body occupying space but this reconfirmed I must add some value to the company.

To cap off the week of craziness or should I say stress; I am hosting a wine and cheese party tonight for the girls. A friend and I went to the store last night and harassed the sales man to help us pick out something we normally wouldn't buy. We made it an "experience" rather than just picking up a bottle of wine. I have to say, I was the shopper I used to hate when I worked at that store but this old guy loved us. It was funny to watch someone else try to sell me stuff that I clearly knew he was just pulling stuff out of the air with. I used to say the same things when people asked me what I would recommend. They would pick out $50-100 bottles of wine and ask me how they are...Hello! sales clerk working for $10 an hour, do you really think I drank that type of wine? Anyhow, we both picked out some wines and some gourmet cheeses. I have to get the house cleaned up and make sure I have enough wine glasses.

Tomorrow's post will probably rant about my headache and wine stains on the counter tops. Until then, happy Saturday.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Oh, I am ready! Bring on the wine and cheese!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home