Friday, October 05, 2012

Fastest Mile

Our modem died on Tuesday so needless to say, our evenings have been a little off without internet. I haven't had a chance at work to review ways to lower a 5K time so this morning, as part of my procrastination I thought I would spend a few minutes seeing what my next steps should be. Bad idea. There was a lot of math and distances that aren't easy for me to calculate on the fly. Plus most plans encouraged the use of a treadmill.

On that note, I decided the general idea was to start increasing your pace for shorter bursts (more interval training). Rather than actually run the full distance today (I wasn't feeling it, not even with guilt or once I started) I decided to try for a 10 minute mile. I succeeded! At that point, I thought I might recover and go for a second mile at that pace but my MP3 player that has been dropped and stepped on several times slid out of my shorts (the clasp is long gone) and I stepped on it again. At that point, I was over it. I picked it up and walked home.

Now I have this guilty sensation I should have done more but screw it. I need to buy a new MP3 player before I do anything else. I have limped this baby along long enough. Time for a reward or a shiny new gadget to keep me motivated. I believe this wrapped up week 13 of running 3 times a week (the only exception was the week I had to take a couple days off for my knee).

3 Comments:

At 7:47 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

YOUR running is bad for MY mp3 players....

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Buy an iPod Shuffle. Handy little suckers.

Nice job on the 10 min/mile!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Nice job flash!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home