Wednesday, September 26, 2012

3 Miles

For the past 2 weeks I have been hitting the 5K distance with my 5 minute walk warm-up as part of the distance. Today, I ran 3 miles in 34 minutes (outside of the warm-up walk and walk cool down). It was shy of the actual 5K distance but I decided to not push my knee. Yeah, I could have done it but then what would I brag about as a next milestone. There is hope I can start shaving some time off now that I can go the distance.

I pass a lady every once in a while that I think is doing the same couch to 5K thing because I see her vary her walk and running. Party of me wants to say something encouraging to her to keep motivated but then I figured that is cheesy. I usually just smile and say good morning.

In fact, there are a couple "real" runners I see frequently. One is an older guy who I think runs 3 miles every day. He's fast compared to me. Every time I see him I think if he can do it, I can do it. The second is a woman who I think is the true runner of the neighborhood. She always looks happy and barely breaks a sweat. We crossed paths this morning and it's been an hour later and I just saw her run by the house as I was typing this. She run runs! She is true inspiration although I have no desire to run for an hour straight.


1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats on reaching the 3 mile marker!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home