Monday, September 10, 2012

Miscellaneous Stuff

Just another hodge podge post.

Weekend:
We had a very fun packed weekend. It was Rylee's 4th birthday party and the kids had a blast. Lots of bouncing, running, jumping, and sliding.

After a quick nap it was time to head out to Pete and Mark's birthday dinner/happy hour. Other than the brutal heat and no breeze, it was fun to have a quick social hello, a few tacos, and then it was off to put the kids to bed.

Sunday, Miller and I had a date to see Disney on Ice with Rylee, Shannon, Norah, and Jess. It was super cute (could have had a better mix of themes) but overall, very fun. We topped it off with an ice cream cone and headed home to rescue Ryan and Mason from each other.

Monday:
I took today off from work. I ran this morning; happy to report my knee only hurt a little and I ran the full 30 minutes. I am repeating week 9 and will have to find my next training adventure to increase my distance and also then work on my speed (or lack of).

I did about an hours worth of work while I cooled down and iced my knee. Then I got showered up and headed to the mall. I was on a mission and came home defeated. I wanted a new suit for work and couldn't find anything. Let me rephrase that, I couldn't find anything that fit and those that could have maybe done the trick were overly priced since they didn't fit that well. Not sure what I am going to do...I have less than 2 weeks to figure a few wardrobe options out.

I was hoping to get a little pool floating in but it was raining so I watched a couple tv shows I had dvr'd a while back. Then I did a little more work and headed to Target. I met Ryan for a quick drink and headed back to Target to try on some clothes (thinking at this point, I just need a decent top and I saw some items that might work-they didn't).

I was home to play with the boys while Ryan made dinner and then back to work. So much for a day off, I still put in probably 3 hours of work on my day off. At least I won't arrive at work tomorrow overwhelmed with a full inbox.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I haven't had to buy a "suit" for awhile, but I recall that Banana Republic has some nice stuff up that alley. They are pricey, though, and all the way over in Sawgrass. Good luck on the mission. A day off today after the busy weekend was a good idea!

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I haven't bought a suit since I graduated college so I don't think I can be any help there! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home