Friday, August 24, 2012

Week 7 Complete

I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with this running thing. It's pretty cool to think I have gone from barely being able to run 3 minutes without wishing death upon myself to now running 25 minutes before I wish death upon myself. I think the next two weeks are going to be mental battles more so than physical. I believe next week I step it up to 28 minutes of running. You wouldn't think a couple extra minutes is a big deal but man, it's a killer.

I am actually contemplating trying it Monday and if I can't make it, repeating week 7 until I get a little stronger. I have a fear if I do that, I won't keep going. So, it's going to be 28 minutes Monday no matter what.

As a side note, I have run 4 solid weeks with my watch. It tracks my average mileage against others in my age category and surprise surprise, I am actually running a mile over the average! Who would have thought that would ever happen? I logged 23.3 miles in the past month whereas the average is 22.3.

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It is amazing to see such progress: You've done a great job sticking to it!

That's a cool feature of your watch.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Next time you are over I will have to show you the cool stuff it does.

Thanks for the support. Lord knows I need it.

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger Erika . . . with a K said...

Great job!! Have you signed up for a 5k? Great motivation to keep at it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home