Friday, September 07, 2012

1 Year Olds, Walking, Running, Etc.

This is a post of randoms...

1) I botched Mason's stats. Per his piece of paper from the doctor his real stats were:

Height: 32 1/4 inches (not a half inch) 93%
Weight: 27 lbs 6 oz 95%

Still heavier than Miller and only 1/4 shorter.

2) For his real birthday, he decided to have a great day at school. He ate his cupcake but likes it without frosting (just like his mom). :)

When I got home, he greeted me by walking all the way through the kitchen unassisted. I wish I had a camera but we caught some walking on video later that evening. He had mac and cheese for dinner followed by some more cake (sans frosting).






He had a good day and was clearly happy.


3) Miller had a fantastic week at school. No reported issues and even got a shout out in the class newsletter for sharing. VPK and the new school has been a big adjustment and overall he's doing well. It's tough but I knew he could do it. He also was a super big brother with Mason's birthday. He shared and showed him how to open presents.


4) On the running front, I had a rough week. I forced myself to go Monday and my knee was in pain prior to the run (sore from running plus I bashed it on the dash of my mom's car). I sat out Wednesday and Friday's run. It bothered me to miss them but I knew I had to heal it before pushing on if I was going to continue. I am just frustrated because I have been doing things by the books to try to prevent injury. Oh well. Next week will hopefully be better.

5) Work has been more "sane" this week. I worked more normal hours. My massive project launch is going better. I had a personal win too. I was asked to put something together for the budget that was like creating a fricken 3D version of Jenga in PowerPoint. I submitted it on time and I had no revision requests or questions to clarify. Honestly, that's huge and a feather in my cap at this point in my career. There has been more change in the right direction so I am feeling a little better about all the craziness. I know you have to go through pain before it gets better (aka: my knee too with running) but for the first time in a long time, I am optimistic. Yes, me, optimistic!

Tonight Miller thought it was fun to dance with me (AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night and a few others). He asked if we could dance more tomorrow. He's a much better dancer than Ryan (no offense honey but it doesn't take much) and I am pretty sure he's better than me too (also doesn't take much to top my off beat robot moves). 

We have a big weekend planned with multiple birthday parties and Disney on Ice. Now that I think I have the kids hooked on ice skating, maybe I can convince them to go with me this winter. Wish me luck. I would like to have at least one cool thing I can do with the kids. LOL!

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Hopefully the knee will feel better soon. Are you gonna give it a go tomorrow?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home