Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Off to LA

It's been another whirlwind week and it's only Wednesday! I am off to LA this morning for work. I wouldn't mind the trip so much if it weren't for the dreaded time difference. I get tired just thinking about the fact that we have dinner plans with a client tonight at 6pm which is 9pm at home. Ugh!

I switched up the running schedule this week to work around my trip. I ran Sunday and Tuesday. I added a couple extra minutes to my time. I felt ok on Sunday but Tuesday when my alarm went off I had no desire to go. I knew I just needed to do it. Ryan reminded me I would be mad if I didn't go so I begrudgingly got out of bed. I had my mind made up I would only run about a 1.5 route and call it good enough. Instead, when I hit that distance I figured I was already a sweaty mess and it was too late to go back to bed so I kept going. I finished my run and have to admit it felt good to say I had it done. Normally I would run on Thursday with this schedule but do to travel, I am putting it off until Saturday.

I had no desire to pack extra clothes and shoes. I also didn't want to have to find a route in downtown LA or use a treadmill. I figured the break may keep my knee in decent shape too. Plus, the distance from the parking garage to my gate today was probably counts as some exercise. It felt like I parked miles away.

So that's my story for now. Time to get a few work things done before we board.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Nice job getting up early to run! That's the worst.

Have a safe trip back and forth to the West Coast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home