Saturday, September 22, 2012

Back from LA

My trip was uneventful (the best kind).

Flight wise, both legs had delays. I had 20 minutes to deplane and reconnect last night. I hauled butt and got in line with a few minutes to spare but like all other flights, they were running behind. I could have stopped to go the bathroom. I got in at 1:20am last night rather than at midnight as scheduled. Add in the drive home and my head didn't hit the pillow until 2am. I just took a nap and hopefully will feel human again.

Work wise, it was a decent time. I worked normal hours while there. I had a great dinner one night at a fancy Beverly Hills posh place. The martini I had was called a Latin Lover. It was jalapeno vodka and had jalapeno stuffed olives. It was fantastic. Then I had a Clementine which was a nice, fresh alternative to the spicy one prior to that.

LA sightings, none other than a high person crawling across an intersection almost getting creamed by a bus while 50+ people (myself included) just waited to see what happened. No one offered to help the crazy person or stop the traffic. I did see the space shuttle Endeavor make it's final flight around LA before being put in a museum. I don't get into that stuff but when it flies by the office on top of a 747 with fighter jets beside it, it's pretty cool. Then I saw it even closer at a stop light before getting on the highway. Lastly, our shuttle bus saw it as it was landing at LAX. It was less then a couple blocks beside us. Amazing!

Time away from the boys, was tough. I loved being away and having some adult time but I missed the boys by the third day. Yes, I missed them, not the chaos that goes with them. This morning Miller climbed into bed and snuggled with me. He told me stories and I honestly felt like he really missed me. Mason joined us shortly after that and I think he was happy to see me but the reality of me being gone and back is kind of like time for a dog. I could be gone 4 seconds or 4 days. It's the same in his mind. He improved his walking almost 100%. He barely crawls and is all over the place. I don't remember Miller deciding to walk and doing it being such a fast process. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but it feels different with this rascal.

Lastly, I turned in my loaner car this morning and got my own car back. The dealership redeemed themselves this time. First, good customer service. Second, drop off and pick up was smooth. Third, I really appreciate my car after driving a rental corolla in LA! Remind me a year from now when I want a new car how much I love it.

Oh, I had novel plans of running today but the 2am bedtime and all day rain didn't take much to change my mind. Monday I will resume my normal schedule. I did enough walking the past few days to count as being mobile.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad the trip to LA went smoothly!

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home