Saturday, August 25, 2012

Party Planning

Today Miller and I ran a ton of errands for Mason's first birthday party prep. Present purchased, cake ordered, and balloons on order too. Of course the one balloon I wanted was out and they won't get it in until 2 days after his birthday party. Most people would probably look at another location...me, I just picked another one. Hopefully the kids like it since it's really for them. Mason could care less as long as it floats.

I bought party favors today for the known attendees (kids). There are a couple maybe's and since they didn't RSVP, looks like they are out. I am sick of buying extra stuff just incase someone decides to show up. I am sure if I find out in advance I will do a quick run to find something but it just drives me nuts. I work with enough morons that don't accept meeting invites; I don't need that annoyance in my private life too.

Next up is planning the food items. Of course, I am again in the quandary of how much and who's coming. See, it not only applies to the kid goody bags but also food quantities. I am pretty sure I will have enough cake to feed an army but since no one has declined, I bought the bigger size.

Unfortunately, most of the people who read my blog are the ones that actually RSVP. I can't seem to shame those that should know better and clearly leading by example doesn't rub off. Oh well, it is what it is.

On another note; I would like to accomplish the deep cleaning my house needs but this stormy weather makes me want to take a nap instead. Guess I should meet it in the middle and just do something around here. I am pretty sure no one coming to the party cares about my dirty and disorganized cupboards but it's eating away at my anal retentive side. Maybe I will start with one and see how far I get.
 

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger Jess said...

These b-days! They wear you out, right? Hope these kids appreciate it all!

Good luck with the cleaning. I did some super duper cleaning on Wed this week, and then the kids came home, Norah had a pickle and then promptly walked over to the sliding glass doors and smeared pickly-hands all over the glass! It's a battle never truly won.

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Don't clean on our account, but I know whay you mean about your anal-rententive side. My house needs cleaning, re-organizing, and decluttering big time. The closets are calling my name. I did clean out the pantry the other day. It looks amazing!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Argh! I lierally hate these new word verifications. Half the time I can't read them and have to go through two or three tries!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home