Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Prepping

I have been a busy lately. I have been working some extra long hours (playing catch up from leave, it's our busy time of year, and preparing to be out for 6 working days but 13 when you count the weekends and holidays). Last night I wrapped up the work related stuff.

Today was my first day off and I made a trip to Sam's Club to return a box of diapers. Mason has outgrown another size. I was fairly suprised at how quickly I was in and out and how friendly everyone was. Then I headed to Publix. I don't know what they did with their staff but the last 2 or 3 trips have been very pleasant. I got asked if I needed help by several workers and the checker and bagger actually spoke to me.

After emptying my wallet at Publix I came home to put it all away. Luckily I had cleaned the fridge and pantry before going there. It barely fits! I then cleaned our spice cupboard and another small cupboard. I wrapped the last presents that arrived and put them under the tree. I am cleaning up the last of the Christmas wrap and about to commence baking.

For a day off, I do not feel like I have sat down other than 5 minutes to wolf down lunch and then a few minutes to type this. Hopefully all of the prepping will lead to a smooth holiday weekend with family.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Was your spice cabinet feeling shabby compared to Jon's organizational beauty?! :)

Have a fantastic holiday!

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Both yours and the polich spice cabinets are impeccable! We open ours and things tumble out at us.

Enjoy the family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home