Friday, December 09, 2011

Birthday Recap and Dancing

My actual birthday was Tuesday. The boys let me open my presents that morning while they ate breakfast. It was fun to see Miller waiting for my reaction when I opened the presents from him. Then I sent the boys off to school and started my marathon day off.

I wrapped up all of my shopping, had lunch with a friend, and then made a huge dent in wrapping everything. I still have a couple hours of wrapping staring me in the face and I must get it done tonight so I can go stand in line at the shipping place tomorrow.

It wasn't a relaxing day but it was nice to be able to do some chores sans kids and without worrying someone was waiting for me at home.

One of the presents Ryan gave Miller and I was Xbox 360 Kinect (and a dance game). I have "danced" all but one night since I opened it on Sunday. It is basically an aerobics workout but with music and challenges to motivate you. I have tried all of the songs it came with (without unlocking additional things). Now I need to pick some I like and master them. Eventually it will feel like a workout and not as fun but for now, I am going with it and praising myself for the 45 minutes of cardio I am doing nightly. Sadly to say...I have gained weight while doing this. I know it's not muscle and I have actually cut back on calories (and drinks). I am going with water retention and am going to try to flush it out today with oodles of water. Wish me luck. I would like to stick with some type of activity and this one is the first thing I have done in months...or is it years?

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger Jess said...

As for the shipping, I suggest the PakMail next to Sam's Club, on Atlantic. I've never waited in line there and their customer service is probablyt he best of any place in South Florida.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Erin said...

That's where I normally go. I love those guys. So nice and helpful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home